Saturday, November 28, 2009

Missed it...I believe


Adult Superstore
Originally uploaded by mag1c3y3

I think I missed my calling. Counseling others on their various life and relationship issues is probably what I should be getting paid to do since I find myself doing it waaaaaayyyy too much. For whatever reason, various friends and family members always seem to find their way to me when they need advice. I guess that makes me a good listener and problem solver. It amazes me that I can listen and look at anothers situation and know the right thing to say to help them think more clearly/rationally about whatever woe(s) they are facing but I cant do the same for myself. I took a poll and apparently I appear to have my ish together (if yall only knew that soooo aint the case).
Going back to school is really not something I even consider as an option; I got all the schooling I planned to get before I got my first real 9-5 job. Honestly, I'm not interested in going back to school to pursue a degree in Psychology or Psychiatry for that matter; I've diagnosed myself with A.D.D. as I do have a hard time staying attentive especially in a lecture setting. So whats a girl to do? I guess for now I will continue to dispense my personal brand of advice/clarity/shoulder-to-cry-on/etc until I either get tired or figure out another, more monetarily beneficial, way to do what I seem to be pretty damn good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment