Sunday, February 14, 2010

Would You Have Dealings with the Ex of Someone Close to You?







Throughout my life I've had my share of female friends.  My girls and I have always had this unwritten rule where we didnt mess with each others ex's, dudes who the homegirl smashed, or dudes the homegirl really liked.  Now, if there was a dude we all considered FINE but there was no one claiming to actually dig dude then he was fair game.  I can't remember when this started for me but it continues on well into my adult years although some dudes and chicks I know view this scenario differently now that we are older.

Personally I couldnt see dealing with a dude that someone I am close to used to deal with regardless of how long ago their dealings were or how long the dealings lasted.  But I know some females who feel like the fact that dude splashed their cousin or best friend back in the deal does not make them off limits now, 10 plus years later.  Call me crazy but I dont want anyones sloppy seconds and I dont want any of my girls to have first hand experience regarding how capable my current S.O., or J.O. were/are in the bedroom, etc.  The past needs to stay in the past and having dealings with a friends or family members past is def not leaving the past where it should be.

Recently I had a conversation with a female very close to me and she was telling me that there is a dude that she went to college with who smashed like 60-70% of her crew over a 2 year period.  That's very disturbing to me, I mean they all knew that dude had smashed more than one of their girls when they became his next conquest.  Maybe I'm weird but that just doesnt sound appealing to me at all..."Yeah, I know you splashed Mary, Diana, and Nancy, but I want to get down with the get down so lets get it on."  GTFOH with that!!!!!  Apparently after the 1st homegirl get hers and bragged to the click how good dude was some of the other girls decided they wanted to test the waters for themselves.  Case in point why you should never give details to anyone, least of all your "friends" about the bedroom habits of a female/male you are dealing with.  Some people are grimy as hell and the green-eyed-monster will cause them to want get a taste of what you been bragging about.

Right now a similar situation is possibly brewing on ABC's Private Practice.  Addison is best friends with Naomi while Naomi is Sam's ex-wife.  Addison has a history of cheating; she cheated on her now-ex-husband while they were still married; and with his best friend no less yeah she's a dirty trollop.  She has since moved past that and is trying to live a better life.  Addison and Sam have kissed on a few occasions, usually around the time that one or both of them are stressed out about something.  At first, it seemed the story line wasnt going anywhere but last week they kissed and Sam wanted to take it further but Addison grew a conscience and decided that she didnt want to be the cheater anymore; she values the relationship she has with her best friend more than exploring the chemistry between herself and Sam.  Sam is pissed now and wont talk to her unless its work related.  Clearly, his feelings are hurt, but such is life...we dont always get what we want. But then Addison runs to Pete (whom she confides in when she's having man troubles and with whom it seemed she was going to have a thing with in season One but she couldnt get past his playboy ways) and ends up having sex with him even though they both admit they are in love with co-workers (Sam for Addison and Violet for Pete; Violet is another Dr on the show and also the mother of Pete's son).

I have to say I agree with Addison on the first scenario.  I value my friendship with my bestie way more than a relationship that may or may not work out with her ex-significant other. But then I give her a big fat fail for boning Pete...its hypocritical to an extent but hey, thats just my opinion.

So what say you?  Have you ever dated or sexed a friend or family members ex? If you have, how did it work out?  If you havent, would you?  Chime in and share your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Very good post.

    I've never done it. But one time I almost did. I had slept with a chick. And her 1st cousin liked me too. We could have done it and gotten away with it. But I didn't do it. I just couldn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post! Addison is a scank. I WAS REALLY trying to like her when she transitioned to the new show, because I'm team Grey all the way from the very beginning. I don't see as Naomi's so called BEST friend how she could EVER go there period. But television is a reflection of society There is a serious confusion in what is right and wrong. And the code is almost nonexistent amongst all. It's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GorgeousPuddin I did like Addison until all this business came about between her and Sam...now they are both on my sh*t list!!!

    ReplyDelete